MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY OR WITHIN 6 HOURS (IF UNABLE TO MEET TIME FRAME DISCUSS WITH NURSE OR GP)
- Back Pain - associated with an accident (e.g. fall, MVA, lifting) provided the patient has no loss of feeling or function in a limb and no loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Ear Pain - despite pain relief >48 hrs
- Eye Problems Sickness Certificate
- Fever in Adults - who are otherwise well
- Flu-like symptoms - with current symptoms of risk
- Patient has a deadline for travel or specialist appointment needing referral
- Patient has no other opportunity to see GP
- Post-operative Problems - if there is active bleeding DISCUSS WITH GP OR NURSE NOW
- Urinary Problems - but able to urinate
- Worker's Compensation (injury first report)
- Wound Infection
The above list has been formulated to assist practice staff in establishing the broad risk patients based on their chief complaint and/or situation. It is not designed to be diagnostic but to assist practice staff in the timely referral to practice clinical staff and other places of care for emergency matters. This system is based on a variety of clinical guidelines and evidence from general practice feedback. The authors have prepared this resource for practices based on the information available at the time. As the authors cannot control how the resource is used in practices, they accept no liability for using or not using this information.
Copyright - Medics for Life 2016